Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Turquoise and Coral Frankens!

Good morning lovelies! Quick post about some frankens I have made over the past couple weeks. Lately I have been obsessing over coral and turquoise so that was basically all I could think about for my first frankens. I did have some issues with polish being too thick and stuff but I think I just need more practice finding out what works and what doesn't. On to the swatches! 

First up is a coral jelly. I wanted this to be more sheer so I could use it jelly sandwich style so I'm not completely sure how I feel about this. The color is also less bright than I wanted it to be. I have to try wearing it again before I make up my mind. This is two coats without top coat. I love how shiny it is! For this one I used so many polishes I don't even remember them all (haha)

Next up is a teal jelly! I think this is my favorite of the bunch. I did a jelly sandwich with a couple glitters and I really liked how it looked. Shown below is 3 coats no top coat. This jelly is just clear polish with drops of Revlon Trendy which is super pigmented so I only needed a bit to get this shade. 


Last I have a turquoise with gold glitter. I liked the idea  behind this but I just wish the gold stood out a bit more. The glitter did sink to the bottom so I had to leave this upside down for a bit before swatching it. 



What do you think of my first frankens? Any advice is welcome!

xo Elle

PS I'm on Twitter @MissNailPolish9





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3