Monday, January 21, 2013

Saran Wrap Mani!

Happy Monday everyone! Sorry for my lack of posting these past few days.... my sister and I both managed to get a bad bout of the stomach flu :( I feel like I've missed out on a bunch of stuff these past few days. To make it up to you I have a really pretty mani to show you! This is probably my favorite that I have done lately and I finally got a good color combo! :) Yayyy! For a saran wrap mani, you paint on your base color, wait until it dries, then paint on another color and quickly use little balls of saran wrap to take off some of the color. It ends up looking really cool like a stone of something. This is my first one that's actually been successful so I am excited to show you all!


For this mani I started off with two coats of OPI Steady as She Rose a beautiful rose/ lavender creme from OPI's POTC collection. I've probably said this before but I LOVE that collection and I am so sad I missed out at the time.... now I have to hunt them all down. After Steady as She Rose was completely dry, I quickly painted on one medium coat of Orly Rage, a really beautiful rose gold foil, and one nail at a time used small balls of saran wrap to lift up Rage.  I really love how this turned out and I love both of the polishes I used. This is super easy to do- no nail art skills required! I can't wait to try other color combos too! :) 



I would love to see all your saran wrap manis!! :) 

xo Elle

PS I am on Facebook! Go like my page for more nail polish rants! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Nail-Polish/577757578907971



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3