Monday, December 24, 2012

Penguins!!! **Pic Heavy**

Happy Christmas Eve! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far :) Sorry for my lack of posting these past couple days.... I have been really under the weather for the past couple of days. But to make up for it I have a nail art post today! I'm fairly new to nail art and I am just trying to get things figured out but I think this is pretty good for a newbie :).  I started off with 2 coats of Revlon Royal, a royal blue jelly that applied like a dream (there was still some VNL but not enough to bother me). Before I go on about penguins I have to say that I adore this so much. I have been looking for a royal blue for a long time and this one is amazing.



Sorry about the blurry picture, this was the only one in which my camera closely captured the color of the polish (apparently, my camera hates blues) and of course it ended up blurry. It is actually slightly darker. 

I let Royal dry completely before continuing. On my thumb and ring finger I freehanded a half oval (?) using Wet n Wild Black Creme. 


Again, sorry for the weird picture... there isn't this much visible VNL in real life and that spot on my middle finger isn't visible either. Between this step and the next I added a coat of Seche Vite so that the colors wouldn't run together and mix. You could also just let the black dry completely. 

After this dried completely, I used Sally Hansen White On, a one- coater, to add another freehand half oval for the stomach, and to dot on the eyes. I then used Black Creme to finish the eyes. 

I finished off by using Wet n Wild Club Havana to add a beak and feet and China Glaze Cranberry Splash to add a bowtie. I topped all of this off with another coat of Seche Vite. I waited for 10 minutes before putting on top coat to prevent it from streaking (there was still a bit though). 






Pretty cute, huh? And not bad for a nail art n00b in my opinion. What do you think? 

PS: Cait from Polish Hound is hosting a great giveaway! Enter now guys. I really adore her blog and I know you will love it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3