Tuesday, December 18, 2012

China Glaze Swanky Silk

Hi lovelies! This polish was on my wishlist for a while and I recently found it in a clearance bin at Sally's for $3.29. Awesome deal. I think this is a great gold/ rose gold duochrome. I know a lot of you may not love a polish like this, but for me it is quite fun.




Swanky Silk applied pretty well, but it showed quite a few brushstrokes. This was opaque in two coats. It was kind of hard to see the flashes of copper and rose gold tones in pictures but its definitely there in real life. 




Then to make it even more fun, I topped it with Spolied Jewelry Heist, which is jam packed with medium gold hex glitter, small gold hex glitter, medium rose gold hex glitter, and small square holo glitter. It applied very evenly and did not clump up at the tips of my nails. There was no dabbing needed. My only complaint about the polish is the brush. It is so wide and bushy and as with other Spolied polishes, there are often uneven hairs sticking out. 



Overall I liked this mani a lot. I love rose gold so Jewelry Heist is a great addition to my collecion. And look at all that holo glitter! For two bucks how could I say no?

Happy polishing! 

Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3