Sunday, December 30, 2012

L'Oreal The Queen's Ambition

Hi guys! Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. There has been a bit of stormy weather here in southern California. Today I have a fun polish that is a twist on the usual black that I think would be perfect for New Year's Eve. More pics and info after the jump!






no flash

flash


I think this polish was from the Project Runway collection from this fall. I found it on clearance at Target last week and decided to pick it up. I don't usually go for black polish but I love this. It was a one coater only if I was careful about brushstrokes. If you went over the same place more than once there was balding and other issues. Doing a second coat would have covered this up but I think its easier just to be careful. My only issue with this polish was that it ate up top coat. I don't really like the look of this without topcoat. I added one generous coat of Seche Vite for these pictures. The topcoat really brings out the silver. The silver is not straight up glitter- it is somewhere between a shimmer and flakie. I love that it does not sink into the black jelly base. From swatches I have seen this seems to be a close dupe for Illamasqua Creator. Love this polish and it is a great alternative to a regular black. 

What do you think? Good New Year's mani? Or should I go with something more glittery?

Elle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3