Thursday, April 25, 2013

Essie Resort Collection 2013 Swatches+Comparions

Hi lovlies! I want to share one of my favorite collections so far this year (my other being Orly Hope and Freedom). This is a rather small collection but all four polishes pack a punch and are pretty unique. All of these had a great formula, although I've seen other people say otherwise. I do in general like Essie's formula of their polishes for the most part though. And I like the brush though a lot of people find it rather small. Enough with the rambling and onto the pretty polish!

First up is Essie Come Here! (yes, with the exclamation mark). This to me was a bright red leaning coral. I love corals so for me this was a winner. Two easy coats.



From index to ring: Essie Come Here!, Essie Hip-anema (from the spring collection), Butter London Macbeth (see swatches here), and Sinful Colors Timbleberry (swatch here). Hip-anema is much more red. I think that Macbeth, which I love by the way (I have a coral problem) is slightly more pink. Timbleberry is a bit more orange. I do love all of these though and I don't think you NEED Come Here!  if you have the BL or SC. 

Next is Essie Under Where? (what is with the punctuation in this collection? haha). This was a surprise favorite for me in this collection because I am not obsessed with purple, and I thought that the next one would be my favorite as I am obsessed with turquoise. Regardless, this is a beautiful light purple with strong pink undertones. It was pastel and bright at the same time. The fact that I have worn this 3 times since I bought it shows how much I love it! Looking at these pics makes me want to wear it again which is unheard of with a collection the size of mine. Its beauty is totally not translated in these pictures. This was two thicker coats, though three thinner ones work just as well. 



From index to pinky: Essie Under Where?, OPI Planks A Lot, Essie Under Where?, Orly Lollipop. I mostly did these just so you could get some comparisons, not because they are close. I expected Lollipop to be closer but it is much more pink on the nail than in the bottle. 

Next up, Essie In the Cab-ana. This is a beautiful sky blue creme. It looked more turquoise in the press release which is why I thought it would be my favorite, but it definitely looks bluer in real life. I'm excited to use this for summer pedis! This was 2 easy coats. 

From index to pinky: Essie In the Cab-ana, Essie Turquoise and Caicos, Essie Where's My Chauffeur?, and OPI Can't Find My Czechbook. Turquoise and Caicos is much greener and needs more coats. Where's My Chauffeur? is very similar, but a bit more green and less saturated. OPI Can't Find My Czechbook is a smidge darker and definitely has a dusty undertone that In the Cab-ana doesn't. 
Last up is another beauty, Essie First Timer. This is a lovely grassy, springy green. I love Essie greens. This is another great pedi color. Two easy coats. I'm sure I'll be wearing this quite a bit in the summer. 

From index to pinky: Essie First Timer, Essie Mojito Madness, Essie First Timer, Essie Pretty Edgy. No dupes here! Mojito Madness is close but is definitely a bit greener and a few shades darker. Unless you are obsessed with Essie greens (like me!) you probably don't need both. Pretty Edgy is much darker and greener.

So there you have four beautiful polishes to transition you from spring to summer! I love all of these so so much, but if you could only get one, I would say go for Under Where?. Which of these is your favorite? Love them or are you going to pass? 

xo Elle








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3