Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Orly Hope and Freedom Collection Swatches!

Happy Tuesday! Hope you guys all had a lovely weekend and didn't have too much trouble waking up with Daylight Savings taking away an hour of sleep. Today I have swatches of a really fun collection that I have been dying to find ever since I saw swatches of it. For all of these I used no basecoat (spoiler: no staining on any of them!) and one coat of Sally  Hansen Insta-Dri as my top coat.

Orly Melodious Utopia- 4 coats. Officially my favorite yellow! I loved this so much! The formula is not streaky at all but it is a bit sheer. It was pretty opaque in 3 coats, I just did 4 so you could see the full effect. This has tons of pink and orange shimmer in it, making it unique (in my collection at least)



Orly Boho Bonnet-3 coats. This is a light blue creme that is very grayed out which totally appealed to me. Kind of sheer at 2 coats but the formula was great... not streaky at all. Such a soft and pretty color, I think its great for all year! Sorry about the bad quality, but the second pic is most color accurate. My iPhone is better at capturing blues than my actual camera.



Orly Coachella Dweller-3 coats. This is a really pretty springy green that is not quite a pastel. It is pretty bright which I love and I think it actually looks good with my skin tone (for once...) There was VNL at 2 coats so this definitely needs 3 unless you have no free edge.



Orly Peaceful Opposition- 3 coats. This is a white jelly polish with white and silver hex and square glitter. I love the idea behind this one but I think it works better as a layering polish over white. I could still see nail line at 3 coats. I'll definitely be layering this next time I wear it. I think one coat would be enough over white as it is jam packed with glitter.



Orly High on Hope- 3 coats. This is a really pretty polish. I'm kind of obsessed with it. This is a navy polish with tons of duochrome shimmer! Stunning! The shimmer goes from pinkish to gold and is way more apparent in real life.



Orly Elation Generation-3 coats. This is a bright pinky coral jelly with tons of holo glitter. The formula was great! This was definitely another standout in this collection.



As a whole I really loved this collection!  I loved that there were shimmers, glitters, and cremes over a variety of colors. I feel that there really is something here for everyone! If I could only choose 3 I would pick up Melodious Utopia, High on Hope, and Elation Generation. Let me know what your favorites are! If you would like any comparisons, let me know in the comments!

Hope you liked these as much as I did.

xo Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3