Monday, April 8, 2013

Striping Tape Mani with Essie Going Incognito and Good as Gold

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great start to your week :) Today I have my first striping tape mani to share! When I did this we were still feeling the wintery weather so I felt that darker colors were still my go-to (thankfully, it has since warmed up)

I started out by painting on Essie Good as Gold from the Mirror Metallics collection. Then I added a quick drying top coat to make sure it was totally dry before I put the tape on my nails. I then put on the tape and painted Essie Going Incognito, a lovely dark teal. I quickly peeled off the tape to reveal my designs! I actually kind of made this a skittle mani too since I did a different design on each of my nails and left my ring and thumb with solid colors.




Also, sorry about the wonky picture but I really wanted to show you my right hand too! Pretty sure this is the first time my right hand has made an appearance on the blog haha :) 

I thought this was really fun! I had fun doing it at least. Its pretty obvious that I need some practice  but I am sure that striping tape will become a staple in my nail art drawer :) 

xoxo Elle

PS Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest (see sidebar) for more of my polish inspired ramblings and inspiration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! <3