Wednesday, February 20, 2013

ABC Challenge: G is for Illamasqua Glitterati

Hi everyone! I'm back again with the ABC challenge and this week we are on letter G! So of course, since my default is glitter, I had to pick a glitter polish. I've been waiting to try this one and I'm excited to share my thoughts with you
Illamasqua Glitterati is a plum/ raspberry jelly with holo and silver (I think) hex glitter. The formula on this was pretty great and it only needed one coat of top coat to be smooth. I really enjoyed wearing this. I loved how it almost had the jelly sandwich look without the work. :) My only complaint is I wish the holo were a bit more apparent. I felt like you couldn't see it at all sometimes because oftthe jelly base. Other than that I really loved it. I am slowly falling in love with Illamasqua and will definitely be purchasing more of their polishes! The photo above is most color accurate. 


Slightly blurry to show off the holo!  

And of course a bottle shot.  

What are your thoughts on this? And what other Illamasqua nail polish shades do you ladies recommend?

Be sure to check out all the lovelies doing this challenge!

xo Elle

28 comments:

  1. Ooh thats a very pretty glitter. The color is very beautiful too. I don't own any Illamasqua polishes but after seeing this, I think I will buy one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow in fact I think it's the time I've liked Glitterati the most! I had never especially liked it before, but your pictures make it really really interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I want to cry! I have an obsession for Glitterati. I didn't buy the duo set because I have a couple of dupe for Viridian. When Illamasqua did a huge sale on its website and this duo was sold for only 15£, I was in no buy policy and I couldn't buy it.
    Hope that they will sold Glitterati as a single polish in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* that this is sold on its own some places. Ugh its just so pretty. I still see that duo at my sephora for $19 which is pretty darn cheap

      Delete
  4. I had bad experience with Illamasqua, but I know most people are really happy with their formulas. This one is gorg though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try again! Some of their colors are too pretty to pass up!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I was really impressed by the ones that I do have so I think you should go for it. I see them on sale at my Sephora a lot

      Delete
  6. So pretty!!! I like that it looks like a jelly sammie

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice color! never knew illamasqua did nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been coveting this polish forever...it's so pretty! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Elle. Happy Almost Weekend! :)

    Your Glitterati is lovely. I don't have a single Illamasqua but I'm pining to get my hands on one. Thank you for inspiring me to spend more money on np! LOLOL.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elle:

    my comment disappeared. I apologize if it's now about to appear twice. Just wanted to wish you a happy weekend and to say that your Glitterati mani is lovely, and has inspired me get on the stick and finally get myself one of those Illamasquas.

    Thank you, darlin'!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea whats going on with my comments! sorry haha. Thank you for your sweet comments dear. And of course haha thats what I'm here for ;) Happy Friday! :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Thats a great color:) I found you through the linky!

    Townhouse Palette




    ReplyDelete
  13. Just an absolutely beautiful polish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love glitter too! That polish is gorgeous!!:)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! This is going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! <3